Dropcents

3.7.11

Meet Kia - the interview


"Everyday is a struggle to avoid allowing this city to eat me alive. "

I would like to introduce a multi-faceted female artist, who is from the same city as me. This is a name you will want to remember in the future.........

Ebizz: Hello miss lady. Glad to have you here. Please Introduce yourself to the world maam..........
Kia: My name is Kia Sleet. Im an Artist, and I currently live in New York.

Ebizz: Cool so when you say artist, what all does that consist of?
Kia: I'm a songwriter/singer, actress, photographer, photoshop connoisseur, occasional painter, I'm good at impersonations, and cooking too!!!

Ebizz: Of all of the art you are involved in, which area do you find as your favorite?
Kia: I would say songwriting.......I do that better than I do everything else.

Ebizz: Was it an easy transition moving to New York from St. Louis
Kia: The move was easy. The transition was easy. That was the only easy part. I've been working really hard for everything else, which is fine because I don't appreciate anything I don't have to work for.

Ebizz: Amen to that. I have to totally agree with that. So where do you get your inspiration/ motivation to write your music?
Kia: I gain my inspiration from real life situations, my surroundings, and trying to survive in New York. Everyday is a struggle to avoid allowing this city to eat me alive.

Ebizz: What are some of your favorite music artists?
Kia: Marvin Gaye is my favorite. I also love Minnie Riperton, Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder, and Donny Hathaway. Donny Hathaway and I share the same birthday, so that automatically makes me cool lol.

Ebizz: So do you have any music projects in the works?
Kia: Well. currently i am writing for other artists.... I'm writing material for myself also, but I'd much rather write for other people.
Ebizz: What would you consider to be you "style" of music you create?
Kia: For myself, I write a lot of Dance songs. I feel like that's my niche' and it's my favorite genre

Ebizz: Soooo you make dance music, but you dont dance yourself..hmmmmm.?
Kia: exactly lol!!!

**Bonus Question**

Ebizz: So Im sure you are familiar with this "planking epidemic" going around by now. What's your opinion on it? and would we catch Kia planking any time soon????
Kia: yes i've seen it. i think some of the pictures are funny and creative....
you won't catch me planking. i don't want to plank unless i can get up on top of the statue of liberty or something. i like to go all out

Ebizz: You can plank to top of a subway train....?
Kia: now that's scary
lol

Ebizz: You planning on coming back to the Lou anytime soon?
Kia: hmmm not sure .......it's not in my immediate plans tho
Ebizz: Boooo for you.....
Kia: money money money
Ebizz: Well that makes sense!!....

Ebizz: Its always a pleasure to have you. I appreciate you taking time out
of your busy schedule to get down with my blog. Now the Podium is yours to
tell the world ANYTHING that you want........

Kia: Everyone can expect a big surprise from me before the close of 2011. Wait, see, and be amazed....


http://www.youtube.com/bdotelle
follow me on Twitter @bdotelle

No comments:

Post a Comment