Dropcents

23.6.11

Meet Malik : Interview Exclusive

This is the first interview of the SweetNuthingz blog. So stay tuned for more exclusiveness in the future as well. But for now........



"...no people I haven't quit music..."

Brooklyn New York creates some of the most talented artists in the music business, most notable are Biggie Smalls and Jay-Z. I would like to introduce one of those mc's to you that i know personally. Malik Rashad aka Mo Betta Blues hailing straight from Bed Stuy.

**********************make sure to tune in to Bio Channel's Celebrity Close Calls on the Bobby Brown Episode airing this Saturday June 25th*************************

Ebizz: My man! So tell me how life is treating you in the Big Apple?
Malik: E my brother from another! Everyday I wake is a good one ya know, I can't complain man just on the grind enjoying the beautiful struggle.

Ebizz: I sure know the feeling. Gotta stay on that grind at all times.... So give us a little background info for the ones unfamiliar with you. Let them know how you first started off as an musician?
Malik: How did I get started, well you know from the SLU days we would be up @ the radio station bugging out having lil cyphers and freestyles I always played with my boys joked around with rhyming since young, but when I left SLU in 03 I went to the Institute of Audio Research back in NY so I could learn about the music industry and how to engineer and produce. We put a lil team together but you know life happens, and everybody kind of went there own ways so my boys including you (Ebizz) lol and and some others were like yo you can rhyme foreal you should go hard with it. So I really started rapping probably around 04/05, and I started producing in like 04.

Ebizz: So how was it the first time when you stepped on the set to do your
first music video? was the feeling different from stepping on stage to do
your first live performance?
Malik: It was a little different. The first big music video for me was Brooklyn the joint that was the crew song that got used for the BET movie, at a show. I think you kind of just get in your zone and black out because you only have a certain amount of time to rock and you really wanna be heard and get what you have to say out, on the video set all the cameras and cuts and takes I had to get used to but still felt good and on the Brooklyn joint I had gotten a lil outta shape lol so it was funny looking back at it...the flyist video I felt more comfortable with the cameras and you know all the scenes etc.
(Blackout movie, and for those unfamiliar with this music video then get familiar----->http://sweetnuthingz.blogspot.com/2011/06/throwback-thursday_22.html)

Ebizz: What are some of the things that influence/ motivate your music?
Malik :Life...you know and everything it encompasses my
neighborhood,interactions,worldly issues, women, other music...I mean
I can go on and on I think we draw inspiration from so much, watching
my nephew smile and play and sleep motivates me ya know...

Ebizz: All of those make sense. If you can select only one song from your whole catalog of music for the world to hear which song will it be you listen to the most for inspiration?
Malik: damn that's a tough question...I'll come back to that one lol

"....naked truths, lyricism,that fly bk shit....."

Ebizz: What is you opinion on the state of hip hop today?
Malik: Hip-hop as I knew it as we knew it will never be the same and it's not necessarily a bad thing because all things movements should progress, but somethings gotta give. I've said this before I think on the business side we've become so much more savvy and learned how to really make money and market our art. But it's a gift and a curse, because it causes a compromise of the art. And so now newcomers just wanna make something that sells. It has become all about that so rather than artists being judged on actual talent, it's become all about your"swag" or ya look or a million other factors that have nothing to do with your actual talent. At the end of the day, there is a dude in a office who doesn't even listen to hip-hop and could care less about it as long as you sell 500,000 or a million records...but I mean that won't change as long as we as fans and consumers stop excepting everything thrown at us!! But there is still a lot of great music out there just with so much bullshit flooding the waves you have to search hard for it.

Ebizz: It just makes it harder on the guy who grew up listening to the Biggies, Pacs, Nas and people rhyming on that level. So What sets you apart from the artists who are currently taking over
the industry?
Malik: It's up to the world to decide what sets me apart I don't what they're offering or not offering all I can tell you is what I'm bringing which is my soul,my naked truths, lyricism,that fly bk shit, the everyday struggle, a piece of you all in what I do and much more....

Ebizz: If you were stuck on a island and can only bring one album with
you, whose would it be and why?
Malik: Damn man I dont think I can pick just one you'd have to burn me a mixed cd lol

Ebizz: I figured you would say something like that...Other than music, what else do you have in the works?
Malik: I"m a personal trainer and I coach junior high bball. I'm officially in the acting world now, I recently was an understudy for a play called Love,Lies in Lust which showed @ Symphony Space in NYC, was an extra on the feature film New Years Eve, and I also worked on a show for the Bio Channel called Celebrity Close Calls you can catch me on the Bobby Brown Episode airing this Saturday June 25th. My partner Jahmed and i also formed It Was All A Dream Ent.(search us and like us on fb lol shameless plug) and we've throwing crazy house and lounge parties all over NYC. Ya'll gotta get down here! Also doing a little modeling so just tryna expand and explore and diversify.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/It-Was-All-A-Dream-Ent/127119414036990
*party pics at the bottom of interview**

Ebizz: That is definitely watsup. Gotta have a few different hustles these days to stay ahead. I will sure be looking out for that episode on the Bio channel as well and congrats on that.....
You been going hard with the work outs since SLU in the gym daily. And Ive noticed you are at it. Let us in on a little bit about that workout regiment you have?
Malik: Man you know my workout regiment is serious gotta keep ya self right in my line of work and more importantly for health reasons, I'm @ the gym 5-6 days a week or working out in a park somewhere my typical gym week is Sat-chest & triceps, Monday -shoulders and biceps,Tues -legs, Wed- back and Thurs- calves and forearms I'm always looking for new routines to keep shocking my body I also do some boxing training and gonna take some yoga expand my flexiblity

Ebizz: What is the next big thing we should be expecting from you?
Malik: I"ve been blesses to have a lot in the works and good people supporting me. So I can't call it with everything I'm doing any one thing in any of those fields could be the next big thing ya know! I am back in the studio working on a crazy project tho so no people I haven't quit music lol that's the next big thing you should look for as of now!

**Bonus Questions**

Ebizz: So from one fan of the Lakers to another... What do you think we
need to do in the offseason to get the squad back to the promise land?
Malik: I don't think we're far off honestly, I keep hearing about the demise
of Kobe Bryant and I just laugh idk where it's coming from lol. But I
think it's just gonna make it a bigger and more determined year for us
and Kobe. I like Mike Brown I think he took a lot of blame for the
Cavs and Lebrons let downs in Cleveland. This is a guy who over
achieved every year, and def knows how to build a great defensive team.
Thats where it all starts. I love D Fish, but we definitely need to
get younger more athletic at that point guard and out forward
positions. We gotta decide what we are gonna do with Gasol and
Bynum. I love big Bynum but can he stay healthy and Pau's performance
in the playoffs leaves me at a loss for words...

Ebizz: How about that meltdown for the Miami Heat in the playoffs lol????
Malik: Lmao everything looks good on paper but you still have to play the game...

Ebizz: We had a few wars on the NBA 2k over the years. I know that I am a
little rusty but when will you be ready to take another loss from yours
truly?
Malik: Lol hold on..... have you ever beat me? This year has been so crazy. I havent really gotten to play at all, but it doesn't take long to get back on the controllers and give you the biz!

Ebizz: Its always a pleasure my brother. I appreciate you taking time out
of your busy schedule to get down with my blog. Now the Podium is yours to
tell the world ANYTHING that you want........

Anytime brother my pleasure! I just wanna tell the world to look out for Malik Rashad coming at you more focused and stronger than ever Music, Acting, Parties it's definitely a movement in the making!!! All of you who've been supporting me I love you thank you and keep supporting as well as E and the sweetnuthingz blogspot and everything he's got going on, shout out to It Was all A Dream Ent my partner Jahmed the illest MC/DJ, my crew chen lo, shannon, Damaja D, The Lo Frequency definitely maing major moves so be on the lookout, Rockmode, Meik Wilson let's make it happen!


It Was All A Dream Ent pics...

**********************make sure to tune in to Bio Channel's Celebrity Close Calls on the Bobby Brown Episode airing this Saturday June 25th*************************

No comments:

Post a Comment